Monday, September 14, 2015

The Waiting Game

I wanted to buy a house last year, but I was denied by the bank. My credit score was 636 and the bank wanted it to be 640. So, the banker told me that she would check in 6 months. Six months past and my score hadn't moved. Nope, not one point. So I kept checking and checking and at one point my score went down 10 points because one of the closed accounts dropped off my report. So the house that I've wanted has been elusive. I've been bearing it living in my apartment and I actually love my apartment, but I'm tired of apartment living. I have to listen to my upstairs neighbors have sex--not very often, but they do it and it's crazy cause I don't hear any sounds just the bed squeaking with the floor. Weird.

Well, I troll (not troll as in harass people) the internet often and I came across a website that had legitimate banks that lend to people with less than 640 credit score. I applied and Quicken Loans called me and Nations Lending Corporation called me. So far, Quicken has pre-approved me with only my last month's pay stubs. Nation's Lending was more thorough. I've had to turn in the previous two year's tax returns, bank statements, w-2s, and verification of employment.

I turned in all my stuff and we are now waiting on my verification of employment.

The waiting game....

I've heard before that you don't have to pray to God for patience because life, itself, will make you wait.

A wait I am doing. I actually got an email from my boss saying that she sent back my verification. And I got an email from the advisor saying that he is waiting on it.

So, we all wait......

I've been looking for homes and it is stressful. I told God I don't wanna look and look and look. I just wanna find one home and that be it.

I'm like that when I'm shopping. Not clothes shopping, but shopping for household stuff--laundry detergent, bathroom tissue. There are too many choices and I hate tolling over which choice to make. Do we really need 10 different brands of bathroom tissue to choose from at 20 different price points?

WHAT????

I want the best bang for my buck so it causes me to sit and study my options and that is stressful. I hate it.

I feel that same way about a house. I want to find one in the right price range and that be it. I don't want to look and look and look....

I believe I've found it.

It's in a nice neighborhood, on a dead end street. It's small, has a small yard, and the price is perfect--$44,000. Not too expensive for my first time buying a home. Also, it has a garage and a basement. And I think the basement has so much potential. I haven't gone to see it yet, just been stalking it (driving by) and looking at the pics online. I hope it looks just as good in person as it does from what I see online....

But I'm not going to make an appointment until I get the preapproval.

Until then.....we wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...