Wednesday, October 1, 2014

NEVER Again to be the same!

My adult life has been changed and there are 3 very significant vehicles that has helped in this transformation.

1. My church home. The word of God transforms. And it's not just the word because the Bible says that letter kills, but it's the SPIRIT OF GOD that causes dead things to live and because God has bestowed upon me the blessing of being connected to an awesome Man and Woman of God, my life is FOREVER changed.

2. Rae Lewis Thornton I started reading her blog in 2010. She was on the cover of Essence magazine as the face of HIV/AIDS in a time when this disease was plagued among the white male community and being transferred to the black community. I started reading her blog because I was in charge of an HIV grant and I need to arm myself with tools to help people and I began to read her life. And in reading, I God began to change my self-esteem and I began to look at my relationships with men differently. No more was I going to allow a man to use me. Yes, I was still strugging a little, but my mind was changing.

3. Financial Peace University I stared listening to Dave Ramsey when I was layed off and struggling financially and because of his teaching, I am on my way to being financially free and I thank God for that!!!

This life that God has given me is going to shine and bear the image of Christ and this can't happen without me changing.

So I thank God for my change!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...