Tuesday, April 16, 2013

90:10

STRESS has been major these last few weeks. I was not able to attend my cousin's bday party or my brother's wedding. I have not paid my debt retirement or my car note. I had to spend more money trying to get to my brother's prom....

My 15 year old cousin is now in a mental institution because he wanted to kill his mother. My brother and sister has been taken out of the will. They are getting ZERO and their portion is being given to the rest of the benificiaries.

My car is horribly in need of repairs--new back brakes, new other stuff that I don't know what is making it act the way that it is acting.

And I can't seem to make ends meet with my money....So, instead of paying down my debts, I don't pay anything because I don't want to be broke.

So, yes, streess has been major. It's been so major that I've resorted to taking mental vacations. Yep, instead of thinking about life, I watch copious amounts of TV or I read books, and fantasize about being rick and married to a handsome man....anything to keep my mind off the stressors in life.

Actually, my coping meganism is not bad. I was listening to a doctor talk about how to manage stress and he stated that the people who manage stress well are the people who can control their thoughts and change their attitude about a situation. He said that stress management is 10% what happens and 90% how you respond to the situation.

WOW.

So, now I'm going to go by the 90:10 rule. I'm not going to allow things to bog my mind down so much that I can't function.

I've learned a long time about attitude and how it affects your life, but never have I heard it in relation to stress. Now I have a new attitude about stress.

Thank God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...