Monday, November 5, 2012

Inspiration

People are often inspired by a lot of things, but the problem with inspiration is that it often is misleading!!  I was inspired a few months ago while in a workout class. I was having so much fun that I thought to myself, "I would like to teach aerobics." So, the opportunity presented itself and I taught some aerobics classes. However, a short time after starting, I became blase about it and didn't want to teach anymore. As a matter of fact, I don't think I was really good at all. But,  why did I want to teach anyway?  Because I was inspired by the teacher.

After coming to that realization, I started thinking about my life. I became a teacher because I was inspired as a teenager by two very good teachers. I went to graduate school to become a school principal because I one of those teachers who inspired me was a principal.  But, I'm not teaching now.  Actually, I love to teach, but I dont' want to be in k-12 anymore.

So, after thinking about this and thinking about this another situation presented itself to me.....

I have to speak at a corporate lunch and learn event for employees of Monsanto and I've been pondering and pondering about how and what I would present. It has to be something health related and I came across this video:


I became inspired!!

WOW, maybe I can do something like this during my presentation.  But, the I STOPPED!!! I was DOING IT AGAIN!!!  Doing something, or trying to do something because someone else was doing it REALLY well!! And I had to JUST STOP!!

Just because someone is doing something well, doesn't mean that I'm SUPPOSED to do it.

So, WHAT am I supposed to do??

Well, right now I don't know, but I have to work on NOT trying to do something because someone else was doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...