Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Not 230, but 450

Yep, that's what I was quoted to get my brakes fixed from the other guy.

I told my mechanic that $230 was a little steep for me to pay for my brakes and that I was looking at something like $160.  Well, on my way home walking from work, I notices an auto parts place that is across the street from where I live.  I went inside and asked him some prices of brakes.  He told me that my car requires ceramic brakes that range in price from $33 - $48 and the rotors run from $21 - $50 each.  So basically I was looking at about $150 for parts if I went on the high range but labor should not be $100 for brakes????

I asked him for a reference and he mentioned that there was a guy across the street.  Wow, I hadn't even noticed.  He also referenced my mechanic.  Well, I went to the guy across the street and he looked at me and his quote was $450.  WOW!!!! I simply told him that I could not pay that amount and that my mechanic was gonna charge me upwards of $250 and I would pay that before I paid $450.

So I will be dropping my car off at my mechanic tomorrow.  I NEED my car so I gotta pay it.  One other thing is that my mechanic was charging me for two sets of brakes so I hope he doesn't change his price because I found out that I need front and back brakes.  So that would add about $50 for a total of $200 for parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...