Friday, February 10, 2012

The Million Dollar Questions

I forgot about this question during the interview:

What would you do if you had a million dollars?

My first answer was, "I'd pay my student loans."  Then I said that I would give some money to my church, start a scholarship and give some money away and make sure that I'm set up for retirement.

I've thought about that a lot...."If only I had $50,000 or $100,000, what would I do...."

You think about money a lot when you are homeless and broke.  You think of playing the lottery and hitting it big, how your like will change and what you can do with all that money.  I understand how a person can get rich and then lose it all.  I understand how a celebrity or an athlete can have millions of dollars and end up penniless.  I understand it because you  have to be mature with money.  You can't just spend.  You have to be wise!!  You also have to be disciplined.  You can't just spend your money on everything!!!  I understand that now.  And it's easier said than done!!!  I've read how the Great Depression caused people to be very frugal and a lot of the older people who went through those times when they were younger learned discipline.  I'm wondering if our recession is doing that for people. I know it's helping me.  Yes, I still buy stuff, but I'm more conscience.  I still have not paid my car note, but that's only because I needed get my brakes fixed, but I'm conscious of my money. Anyway, my references were checked today. I'm happy!! I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not. My references were for the job at the university and I was not hired. So, I'm happy, but still cautious. THANK GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...