Friday, February 10, 2012

How did you prepare for this interview

I had my second interview at the MCHD on yesterday. Thank God my "interview suit" was fresh out of the cleaners, my nails were done and my hair was flat ironed and pulled to the back.

1. How did you feel about being asked to come in for a second interview? That was my first questions. I told them (BB and JA) I was excited, but I didn't feign too much excitement because I've been on quite a few interviews to no avail this last year or so.

2. How did you prepare for this interview? That was the second question. I told them that I didn't do any preparations as it relates to practicing interview questions because I used to do that when I was younger. However, I did tell her that I was thinking about all of the stuff that I could have said during the previous interview. Which of course I didn't not write down and had not remembered at that point.

3. Sell me this bottle. That's always a fun questions. She gave me a water bottle and told me to sell it to her. I stumbled a little over my words, but I think I sold it to her as a product that was good for the earth and it was stylish because it had a design on it and it had a clip that you could clip it to a backpack.

4. Sell me this pencil (it was broken). I sold that as a tool to keep my hair up. I said that at the gym the other day the rubber band on my hair popped, but if I had that handy pencil I would have used it to pin my hair up so it wouldn't be flopping all over my head in the gym. I then told them that since it was broken, it was really cheap.

The last part of the interview questions were related to scenarios. What would I do if a media person ask med about the rate of high blood pressure in the county? What would I say is there was a blizzard and I was asked how many people would b without power? What would I say to a person who stated that they don't have need to services of the health department? What would I say to a person who said they earned too much income to use the services at the health department? This stumped me. I had to think about what I would say and I ended up talking about the testing for lead paint and swimming pools.

After the questions, we were excused to finalize the interview with me proof reading a press release. There were a ton of grammatical errors, but there were also mistakes in the language used. For example, the press release was for assistance with breaking the habit of smoking. There was mention about distractor ideas, which sounded weird, and I found out that it should have been distractor methods. After proof reading the press release, I had to critique a video from the Illinois Department of Public Health. It was a "okay" video. It was a little cheesy, but it provided a solid message. There was a variety of people with different ages, but there were no minorities. It was a good interview for IDPH. It looked cheap, but I'm sure that was their budget.

To finalize everything I was asked to complete that application because they needed my signature to be able to check my references and past employers. Overall it was a good interview. I really do need the job because I found out that my unemployment would end in March.

Father God, I pray that your will be done and I pray that I find favor because I NEED TO PAY MY CAR OFF and I NEED TO BECOME MORE STABLE IN MY FINANCES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...