Monday, April 18, 2011

Here We Go Again

I haven't been blogging lately because I've been working temporarily and after work, I go home to sleep/rest and it's not easy piggy backing on my neighbors wifi. I have to sit in one spot and that sucks. So, what has been going on in my world?

I went to the doctor. Yay!!! I found out that the reason I love to sleep so much is not just because I'm depressed, but because I have elevated thyroid hormone. Of course I do believe that I'm mildly depressed, but my fatigue is due to my hormonal imbalance. So, I've been taking a prescription medication once a day. I'm not a fan of medicines, but I decided that at this point I have no other option. I wanted to go see an herbalist, but I don't have any money for that, so until I get insurance I'll stick with the free clinic and the $13 prescription. I'm supposed to be getting blood work done in 6 weeks so hopefully, my levels will be normal. Two years ago I had an ultrasound done on my thyroid and they found nodules. I was supposed to get a biopsy of the nodules, but I left my job before I could get it done (plus, I didn't want to get it done), but after reading about hypothyroidism, I've learned that the nodules are sometimes a benign result of the elevated hormones and that medication can help it to go down. My cholesterol is also a little high, but not bad enough for medication. I blame it on the hotdogs and gas station food that I ate for months.

I applied to get a free membership at the YMCA, but because I get unemployment, they want to charged me a discounted rate of $28 per month. Ugh. I can' t afford that. So, I'm gonna ask if I can pay $20 per month. I've regained the 10lbs that I lost, but that was because I didn't have a stove, but not I have a brand new stove. I was so happy when the maintenance men showed up. I was also surprised because I thought they were just gonna try to fix the old one. Here's a pic of my new stove. I'm happy. I baked fix and cooked some spinach last night. God is good!!


I finally got my new carpet and I'm not 100% happy. You can see the seams in the carpet. For $100 I didn't expect to be able to see the seams. He didn't have the tools to fuse the seams together, so he just used carpet tape. I'm gonna have to call someone else to come in to redo the seams. Dag, I don't want to have to pay for it, but I will have to. I guess I'm did get a discount because if I hired someone from the carpet place, it would have cost me $150, so I might as well cough up the rest of the money to get the seams done right. But, I do love my carpet. It's soft and I can walk with no shoes on. However, it is a low pile carpet, so when I walk the floor creaks beneath me. I 'm sure the person in the apartment beneath me hates to hear me walk across the living room floor.

I'm still not totally moved in. I got my dining room stuff moved in along with my kitchen stuff, but I have so many books and I think I broke my book case trying to move other stuff around. Here is a pic of my dining area. It's so cozy.



Now I just need to buy living room furniture, a bed and a desk. I went to one of the stores here in town and saw a sofa and accent chairs. The sofa is $599, one chair is $299 and the other is $399.





I love it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the sofa in the door. I had it measured and then I measured the door, I'm not sure if it will fit. It if won't fit, I can get this sofa in a different color, but I"m not too thrilled.



In other news....

I'm still applying for work. There is another position that I'm applying for at the university. Here we go again. This will be the third job I've applied for there. It's an assistant director position. I have an associate that works there now and I thought she was the director, so I'm gonna call her to see what's up with the position and to see if I can get an interview.

I'm trying to keep my spirits up. I only have about 9 weeks left of unemployment. Of course I don't know how I will be able to pay for my furniture....

Mel keeps calling me. UGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...