Saturday, April 30, 2011

Decorating

I've been on the move these last few days. I've been decorating, decorating, decorating. I realized that I didn't have enough money to buy my sofa and chairs, but I did have enough money to buy little stuff, so that's what I did. Not only that, I build a box valence to go over my drapes in the living room, installed a shelf that will serve as a counter for my bar stools, painted, and cleaned. Now, I'm trying to make sure that everything flows together. Unfortunately, my dining area is infused with my living room and I want to make sure that my living room decor matches my dining area decor. I'm having a bit of trouble though. In my dining area, I want a bistro cafe type of decor. But, I have two bar stools that don't quite fit the color scheme of the wine and grape type of colors. I'm trying to figure out how to make it all work. Hmmm. I need some tips from one of the TV shows. I do believe that eventually I'll be getting my sofa and chairs, but I have to save up. It will cost me about $1000.

Here are some pics of my decorating:


This is my dining area that I want to have a bistro theme.

Below is the other part of the dining area that I want to flow with the bistro theme, but I have these decorations from my old apartment. Maybe I can just get new decorations and use those for my home office. But I love my little orb things.


Here is a pic of the valance that I built. It took me hours. And I kept forgetting things at the store or I needed tools that I were in my storage, but can't get to right now because I have to pay the bill. But, I got it done. It's about 4 inches too long on one side, but I'll fix that some other time. I got it up there.



This is a pic of a vase that I bought for $13 at pier 1. It was on clearance. The original cost was $50. It goes perfect with my drapes, valance, and the wall hangings above the drapes. The flowers even light up. $12 at TJ MAXX





I added contact paper as a back splash in the kitchen. I wanted a more green hue, but it's good. This however, does match my orbs and bar stools. Hmmm....

As you can see there is a wrinkle in the paper. I'll have to fix that some how. It took me about an hour to put that up because I had to cut and fit it around the cabinets.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...