Monday, April 9, 2018

I'm Not Playing Dumb No More: God, Help My Flesh

So Ohio caved and sent me a text and I've been corresponding with him. I even sent him a selfie today. But, I need to pause and breathe. As much as I like being in a relationship and I enjoy his company, I CAN NOT get sucked back in.

Dang,

I don't miss him, I miss the intimacy (not the sex, but the closeness) that we shared. I missed being wanted and desired.

Dang.

But, I can't move forward. I feel like it's a trick disguised in a nice package. I mean....I had a moment yesterday where I remembered a dream I had a long time ago and he was in my dream. No, I didn't know his name back then, and I don't think he was significant in the dream, I just remembered him.

That means something, right? RIGHT?

But, that's just another smoke screen.

As much as I want to hang with him and get back involved, I CAN'T. My life depends on it, my sanity, my spirit, my destiny depends on it. So I thank God for the strength and I thank God that I'm killing this part of my flesh...the part that will ignore the fact that he's the wrong person just because I want and desire closeness and intimacy.

God, helps us (my spirit, soul, and body.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...