Wednesday, January 1, 2014

And We Are Off...

Every year for the past 5 or 6 years our church goes on a corporate 21 day fast. It starts January 1.

So, we are off on our way fasting. We don't eliminate food altogether, but we do a gradual step down. Week one we can eat meat (no pork or beef) along with veggies, but only after 7pm. We drink lots of water, juice and herbal tea.  If throughout the day we are excessively hungry we can eat raw nuts (not peanuts) and fruit. Week two we only eat veggies after 7 pm and the drinking instructions and nuts and fruit instructions apply. Week three we only eat fruit and nuts and drink plenty of water, tea, and juice.

I'm excited about this fast.

1.  I need to move forward spiritually
2.  I need to discipline my body
3.  I need to lose some weight.

I can't stand the fact that I've gained 15 pounds and fasting when done right, will help a person lose weight. I'm almost desperate. I've never been one to take a pill to lose weight, but I have two friends who have shed some serious poundage and they've been taking some type of vitamin that helps with metabolism. I'm looking into getting some.

In other news....

My health coverage started today.  Thanks Obamacare.

I'm supposed to have a gyno appointment soon. I signed up for the bronze package at Health Alliance. In addition to my budgeting and getting out of debt, I'm going to be saving for my deductible because I think it's like $6000 and I'd rather have the money in the bank just in case something happens.

I'm also paying tuition, to the tune of about $500 a month. My first payment was supposed to be December 30, but they didn't take the money out. So, I crossed over into the new year IN THE BLACK, which I have not done in a long time. I actually have about $400 in the bank. I've got to get books and the book at the community college is close to $200. It's half that on Amazon. So, yes, I will be getting it on Amazon ASAP. I have no idea how much the other book cost. I'll try to check it out soon. I hope it's not more than $100, but I've got a feeling it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...