Wednesday, January 1, 2014

No Other Gods....

I was listening to the radio while working today and the woman was talking about a book she wrote about praise. There were a question, "What are some things the people worship?" She went on to list, "jobs, money, children, spouses, desire to get married, worry, etc...."  There was quite a list. One thing that stuck out was "the desire to get married."  It stuck out to me because I have the desire and I think about it everyday. I plan and fantasize about it and this made me think..."Do I worship the desire to get married?" As a matter of fact, I have become a little apprehensive about my upcoming birthday. I will be 37 and so far there are no prospects. Not even anyone who is interested. OMG!!!

So, that made me think too.  "Do I worship the idea of getting married?"

Lord, I don't want to worship that idea. I want to worship you and only you. So today as I was working my mind started to sway towards my future husband, but I had nothing. I could not fantasize. So, I thank God. Because I am single the word of God says that my things are to be of the Lord. So, that's what I want it to be. I'm glad I couldn't fantasize about marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...