Friday, May 15, 2020

I'm Not Guilty....

...the personality issues and relationship problems—were rooted in the fact that I didn’t like myself. And when you don’t like yourself, it’s very difficult to get along with anyone else...-Joyce Meyer

I've been on a journey during this time of staying at home and I thank God for this journey. It's been a journey of freedom. Freedom from fear, insecurity, self-pity, guilt and shame. The mind is a powerhouse and it controls everything. So renewing the mind is paramount to walking in the freedom that God has for me. Joyce Meyer has a 25-day study on the Battlefield of the Mind, so everyday I've been reading (and trying to meditate) on what I've been learning. One thing that resonated with me a while ago and she reminded me of today is, I'm Not Guilty! 

When Jesus died on the cross, He died to forgive me of my sins. So when I accept Christ I accept his sacrifice and I accept his forgiveness. Which means there is no more sin that I have to be convicted of. When a person robs a bank, they can be arrested and convicted of that crime. Then, that conviction has a sentence assigned to it. However, when Jesus forgives us, there is no conviction. There is no jury declaring me guilty. So I don't have to be ashamed of what I've done. The Bible teaches that when we are forgiven God removes our sin and doesn't remember it...as far as the east is from the west-Psalms 103:12. Since the sin is removed there is no crime. There is nothing that someone can say I'm guilty of. That was so hard for me to understand and I'm still "walking it out" in my everyday life because there is always something that the devil tries to bring to my memory that I should be ashamed of. But I thank God for his word and for His freedom!!

Because of this I'm learning to like and love myself!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...