Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Warrior Judge

I was reading about the different Judges in the Bible. I've always thought that they judged the people, but really they were like the leaders--not kings, but leaders and they went to war and often saved the people. Israel kept going backwards and they would cry out to God for help and God would send them a leader--a judge that would go to war and get them out of trouble. These judges were warriors. They also dealt with the matters that the people had, but the went to battle for the people. God got tired of the people being rebellious so he decided to test them to determine their faithfulness. He sent other nations of people to come against them Israel and to dominate them God said, "I will use them to test Israel to see whether they will keep the way of the Lord...." Judges 2:22 So instead of the judges totally annihilating the enemy God kept the enemy around so test Israel.

I was thinking about this lately because I've had an issue come up at work where I needed to be deposed. Basically, there was something that I didn't do and I didn't know that I was supposed to do that caused an issue in a case. I did my job, but only partially because part of it I didn't know I was supposed to do and the other part was in a gray area and I began to fast and pray because I don't want to lose my job.  During this time Greenwood began flirting with me--sending me penis pics. OMG. I told him I was fasting and praying. Then I went to the grocery store on last Friday and I ran into Coach. OMG. When I saw him I didn't recognize it as him then he came up to me and I was a little shocked to see him. I hadn't seen him in years--since 2012. We exchanged numbers and he texted me later on that day. March 14 was my mom's bday so I ignored his text. On Monday I got to talk to him and he told me he changed his name to Malik. I get it, he wants to be a different person and changing a name is one way to do it, but in talking to him I wasn't really interested. So I'm not sure if it has fizzled, but we haven't talked again since then.  Then on Tuesday I logged into FB after my short hiatus and Bishop (CB) sends me a message. He says he misses me. SMH

So now I see my test and I want to pass. Thank God for Covid-19. There is no way we are going to be able to just hang out in public and I'm social distancing when I don't need to be out....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...