Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sit Your Butt Down Somewhere

So I met this guy on POF and when I first talked to him, I was quite unsure. We emailed at first, but then when he called me it was a brief conversation. He said something about being a businessman-owning his own business, and then he said he was a Pastor.

Ok.

We later texted and decided to meet up at Applebees for some amazing chicken wonton tacos. He is super tall-6'7", but we had a good time talking and then went to see Florence Foster Jenkins. It was a funny movie. We met again the next day and he told me that he was going to be near me to visit a church so we decided to meet after I got out of church. We ate again and then went to see Southside With Me. Excellent movie!!

The problem is, I asked him about his church and he said he didn't really have a church.

Ok...what Pastor doesn't have a church.

Is it like me being a teacher--I'm a teacher, but I haven't formally, professionally taught since 2010? So I asked him if he belonged to a church and he said that he didn't belong to a church, but was the overseer of a ministry called Fresh Fire which is a fellowship of churches. And his job is to recruit churches to the fellowship.

Ok. So, I guess he's the Pastor over Fresh Fire.

I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...