Sunday, September 18, 2016

My Mirror

"You need to be who you want to attract," that's what my mom told me when I told her the fiasco that happened with Mister in February.

I've been working on me. Since January, I made it my goal to get my life--get me together. But, I met this guy and he is the first guy that I've met like him. I'm not thinking about the Pastor stuff he's talking about, but about him wanting a like for Christ. I haven't met a guy like that. So, I invited him to my uncle's fish fry for Labor Day.

And I was embarrassed.

He showed up and before he got out the car he said, "I'm not gonna tell them I'm a Pastor..." I was happy because it was already enough telling them we met online. As soon as I introduced him to my mom and cousin, the grilling started and it wasn't so nice. As the day progressed my cousin continued to grill him and finally at the dinner table he said, "I'm a Pastor...." Then went on to talk about his Bishop and how they could call him and he would say how good of a guy he was.

I was a bit embarrassed. I mean, he said he wasn't going to say anything. Then he tried to make a joke when they asked him about his church. He said he was a Jehovah's Witness. The whole kitchen erupted. Then then there was joking about how he was a Mormon and a Deacon. I did enjoy talking to him, but I was embarrassed and I told him that now he wasn't gonna have to live down the joke and despite what he tells them, they are going to give him a hard time.

Well, as the time has gone by and I've been praying about him, I came to the realization that I have attracted exactly who I am. What he displayed to me on that day at my Uncle's and even the first time we talked was the fact that he was a bit prideful. It wasn't that he said what he said, but it was HOW he said it.

And that reminded me of me....


He's my mirror. And it's NOT pretty!!

So, God, I thank you for showing me the pride that is still in my life!! I pray that that spirit, that stronghold is removed from my life, in Jesus name. Amen!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...