Thursday, August 18, 2016

Finally Able to Go

I started a "30-Day Renew Me" plan for myself this month. It started off a little rocky especially with my diet. My goals for the month included:

Praying 2x day
Reading my Bible daily
Losing 5lbs
Saving $1000

Right now I am in week 3 of a 4.5 week month and I am doing a water fast. Actually, not just plain water, but chlorophyll water and coconut water daily. I do not buy the chlorophyll water, but I have bought concentrated chlorophyll that I put into my water along with lemon. I drink about 1.5 liters a day and if I'm thirsty I drink more. It was suggested that I drink about 2 liters, but I haven't. I wanted my last half liter to be bone broth, but I haven't made it yet.

I can say that after 3 days of fasting I feel GREAT. Acutally, I'm not a novice when it comes to fasting. When I was growing up, our church would do water fasting for about a week and I would try it and it became a lifestyle. Now my church doesn't do water fasting, we do partial/modified fast for 21 days at the beginning of the year and we gradually reduce our food and the last 7 days we drink juice and water if we can. For those who are new to fasting they can eat seeds and nuts (not peanuts). Also my church fast on Fridays too until 5pm. So fasting is a lifestyle for me. I will say that I was a little apprehensive about the water fast because I ate horribly the week before. I didn't gorge but I did have ice cream and sour patch worms (a whole bag) fried chicken and other fast food that I should not have eaten.

But, I'm feeling great and I'm not that tired or hungry. I have lost about 6 lbs, but I'm sure that's a lot of water weight. I do think about food a lot, but I pray and get to bed early. Today was my first BM. I was concerned at first because I usually have a BM when I eat, but because I haven't put anything in my mouth since Sunday, it's just sitting there in my gut. I do want to do some type of colon cleanser to get "moving" but I was waiting on some herbal supplements that I though would have been in the mail by now. I've read that if you do sea salt in warm water it makes you have a BM. I might try that. I am going to break my fast on Saturday because I have a baby shower to go to and then a retirement party. I'm gonna be smart...I bought watermelon that I'm going to eat for breakfast then I will eat light for the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...