Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Get Ur Stuff

I'm embarking on a journey....a business journey. God spoke to me in December 2011 and He said that I would be helping people with their businesses. In February 2012 the woman of God spoke the same thing...2 Corinthians 13 tells us that out of the mouths of two or three let every word be established. Let it be so.....

So, this is the year for me to do this. I was in the market for a new home, but I'm going to hold off on that so that I can get this business off the ground.  It's time for me to walk in the things of God and now continue to allow fear to stifle me.

I have a great, great, great, great grandfather who was an amazing businessman. In his will he left 13 of his 15 children land. On this land there were peach trees...it was farming land that he had amassed over his lifetime. He was born in 1825 and died in 1887 and after the emancipation proclamation in 1865, he was able to become a sharecropper. From his earnings, he began buying land. It was said that he had over 2000 acres of land (that may be an exaggeration). However, in his will he left land to 13 of his 15 children. It was enough land for each of them to have their own farm.

Over the years some of the land has been lost, but we still have some in Boliver, TN. My brother and I are planning a trip to visit the land to see what's left.

When I learned this information, I was amazed. How did a black man (colored or negro was what they were called back then) manage to become such a shrewd business man.  It was also said that he had a child with a white woman which was grounds for execution, but because of his favor in the community, he was only fined $300 and he was given the child to raise. Her name was Elizabeth.

Amazing...

So I have no excuse, but to succeed. He was even considered a full human and we had limited rights back then.

My uncle shared with me the realization that my generation of blacks were born with all of our rights. The voting rights that prohibited blacks was signed into law in 1965. My mother was born in 1960. She didn't have the right to vote when she was born (of course she couldn't at that age, but you know what I mean). Yes there is still racism in the land and there are still obstacles and barriers, but what my grandfather did was defy all of those barriers. So I have no excuse. I am my only excuse and I must get out of the way to do what God has anointed me to do..


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...