Monday, August 10, 2015

Robert Van Winkle and This Darn Cold

I am exhausted. My head is all cloudy, my throat is scratchy and my eyeballs hurt, I'm hungry but don't feel like eating. Yes, it's a summer cold brought on by too much work, too much stress, and not enough sleep.

In addition to my day job and school work, I am volunteering my time to a fundraiser that has had me on my feet and out in the hot sun for the past three days for 8-9 hours a day.

On Thursday night, I volunteered for bingo. Our organization gets $50 for each person who helps with bingo from 5-9pm. Seems easy, right? WRONG!! We have to walk around for 4 hours with no break selling pull-tabs. Essentially, they are just lottery tickets (we can't call them lottery tickets) that we are selling, but not one break--AT ALL. I could have swore that the woman told us we can get a break, but someone my brain got the message confused. I mean...I think employment laws dictate that if you work for 4 hours, you get one 15 minute break!? I'm gonna look that up, cuz even though I'm not "employed" I am still working. They are getting paid for this, so it's okay for you to stand and walk around for 4 hours, but I'm just a volunteer.

Well, after that, I got home and was restless and couldn't sleep. Actually, I haven't been able to sleep all week long. But, I got up on Friday and went to the second fundraiser where we have to guard barricades at a huge street fair. The barricades are used for the vendors and entertainment to come through, but not the common people who are just looking for a parking spot. We needed about 60 people to volunteer, but we only had about a third of that. So that meant that I would be there round the clock. And it has taken it's toll. My body is done.

However, in the midst of all of that I did get to see Vanilla Ice bka Robert Van Winkle. Well, I didn't see him, see him. He just drove through the gate I was guarding. I waved, he waved back. It was cool. Last year I got to meet Ruben Studdard and I spoke to him.

But now I'm sick and I've gotta work sixty hours in 4 days.

How am I gonna do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...