Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I Feel Good Today

Despite the turmoil that we are in today, I feel good! I mean I kinda want to get back in the bed and close my eyes, but I'm not tired like I had been feeling. But, I gained 2lbs. WHAT????

I've been staying at home since March 20 and I haven't gained anything, but the minute I stop taking my meds I gain weight. I only stopped because I ran out and I don't want to spend the money to see the doctor for a refill. I'm not sure if I need a dr visit to get a refill, but I needed to do something, so I took my old medicine two days ago and I felt like crap. Last night I took it before going to bed.

Background...last year was rough, I gained 25lbs and the scale kept creeping up. In addition to my emotional roller coaster I was feeling like crap. Some days I could hardly get out of bed. I found an online nurse who specializes in thyroid and she encouraged me to have more test run and I found out that in addition to my thyroid and cortisol being low, my iron levels were extremely low. My doctor told me to eat more red meat. My ferritin levels were 16. The range was 15-252. HUH??? And all my dr had to say was eat more read meat. WOW. So I contacted another dr because I needed help. Stat!! I contacted Dr Christianson's office. The dr I met with ordered a round of iron infusions. I wanted to have them done before the year was out, but the pharmacy had to put the concoction together, so my first found was in January. I can't say that I felt 100% better, but with the new meds-Nature Throid and the iron I did feel better. My thyroid levels still weren't optimal so my dr upped the dosage and ordered a 90 day supply. I just ran out in mid-May so I went back to my old meds.  Bad move because I felt like crap. The problem, I think is with my cortisol levels. They are so low. My cortisol levels in the morning are 8 and the range is 13-24. My afternoon cortisol is 5 and the range is 5-10 so I'm still on the low end for the afternoon. In the evening my level is 7 with a range of 3-8 so that is on the high end and at night the level is 4 with a range of 1-4. So when I take levo in the morning with such low cortisol levels I feel like crap. I need to get it together so that I can feel better. But I read somewhere that someone was taking their thyroid hormones at night so I decided to try it. I'm supposed to start back working June 19 and for a while after I stopped taking my meds I didn't have the energy to do much. I was supposed to put a shed in the back yard, plant a garden, build a doorway for the bedroom that had to be taken down to put up the bathroom door...whew... I'm so far behind in my household duties.....    

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...