Thursday, February 26, 2015

My New Vanity

I'm pretty excited. I'm not married and I have no children, so I need something (other than television) to entertain me in the evening when I get home from work, so I've discovered DIY crafting and I've decided to create my own make-up vanity area in my bedroom. I've been trolling DIY sights and pinterest for inspirationa and I wanted something simily to the Ikea make-up vanity, but we don't have an Ikea and I can't order online. So, I took that inspiration along with a few others and I decided to build my own vanity. I bout a shelf...a plain white, 48" x 15" shelf from Menards for less than $10. I then saw a 30" book sheld for less than $15 and I bought two to serve as a base for my vanity. I bought the stool at the Goodwill for about $4 and I'm going to upholster it with foam and cute fabric. It's acually a small table, but I think it's sturdy enough for me to sit on.


I am in love with the rose gold color, so at first I wanted to paint everything rose gold and glitter everything, but I'm still working on that idea. Especially since my bedding is lilac. Hmmmm.....

Another inspiration was this painting. I am in LOVE with it, but I'm finding it difficult to place.



I had these tile mirrors that I got from Walmart a while ago and I'm going to use them to tile the shelf. Then I was at Hobby Lobby and found the find of the decade....a $149 mirror for $15. WHAT???

Yes, it was only $15

WHY?

Because it had a cack on the side. Not a big crack, but a small crack about 2-3" long. The mirror is a heavy 48" x 30" paneled mirror. It's about 25-30lbs. I was thinking that I wanted to just modge podge and glitter the outside rims where the crack was, but then I got inspiration from another Ikea hacker who used 1" mirror tiles to recreate a beautiful look. So, far this is what I've come up with this. I have to finish it and find a way to hang it on the way so that it doesn't fall off and crash everything.




Because the mirror is so big, I'm not sure If I can hang my painting. I think the painting is going to go over my bed and I will get some lighting with a valance with lip prints on it to hang over the mirror similar to what Lowes is talking about, but I want to make my own. I think.




I'm excited about my DIY habit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...