Monday, April 27, 2015

When Doves Cry

I was really excited....until last night.

I received an invite in the mail to attend an awards ceremony for a former professor. I was so excited that he was being honored and I was so glad to be invited. I was a little trepidatious because if I was invited that means others from school would be invited too, right? And I haven't seen these people in over 10 years....but this didn't quell my excitement until....

I realized that Price might be there too.

OMG.

What am I going to do?

I really want to go but I don't want to see him, AT ALL!!!!

Price and I have a horrible history. It didn't start that way. We were friends in college. I actually couldn't stand him at first because he was so pompous, but he grew on me and then we graduated. He got married.

A few years later he calls me and we chat.

No big deal until he confides in me that he wanted to leave his wife. I confided some things in him about losing my daughter. Things get crazy after that and .... it turns ugly and I can't stand him. I've forgiven him for what he did to me and I've forgiven myself for allowing it, but it is not something that I want to deal with. It is the past and there is NOTHING that can be done about it, so I'm moving on. But he may be present this weekend and I'm apprehensive.

Other than that, I am excited.

I've booked a mini spa day at Okawville Hot Springs.

Then on Sunday I'm going home to visit and eat dinner with my family. So I guess this is my bday weekend.

Thank God for another year!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...